Where To Find My Paint Codes
So Where Do I Even Start To Look!
Paint Codes can be hard to locate on some Vehicles especially as the Automobile market grows and grows, but hopefully this list will help in you search.
Domestic Cars: 1985 and Up
- Ford - 1985 and up should be on the driver side door. There will be a white sticker there and towards the bottom of the sticker in the left hand corner it will say Paint, This is deceiving because underneath of the word paint is the body style code. What you want is the 2 digits or letters above the word Paint.
- Chrysler - Is usually on the radiator support or on top of the radiator. There will be a metal tag with lots of three digit numbers. On the second line from the bottom of the tag, the second and third set of numbers are the paint codes. The first one will start with a "p" for primary color Example: ( PW7 ) The second with a "q" for secondary color Example: ( QW7 ). If the car is all one color the last 2 digits of both codes will be the same.
- GM - Cars - 1985 and newer the codes are in the trunk. They will be either under the rug on top of the spare tire or underneath the trunk lid. The codes will be on a white sticker about 3" x 4" Size. The paint codes will be all the way on the bottom of the sticker. They are called "WA" numbers on a GM. They will consist of either 4 numbers or 3 numbers and a letter. Examples:. WA8779, WA279E. The letters "WA" do not always appear, the numbers may be prefaced by bc/cc, L, or U, for upper and lower colors.
- GM - Trucks - Are in the glove compartment. Tag reads the same as cars.
Foreign Cars: 1990 and Up
- Honda and Acura - In the drivers door jam. A small white sticker that says color code always starts with 1 or 2 letters Example Q82P-3
- Toyota and Lexus - On the drivers door. Will usually say paint code and is followed by 3 letters or numbers. Example: 040 is White, older models will be on the fire wall, behind the motor on a metal tag. They will be prefaced by Example: C/TR: 1G3/FB22
- Nissan - Drivers door or on the firewall. Three letters Example: ( AL0 ) usually followed by another letter that does not pertain to the paint code.
If you cannot find your paint code call us ( 203-744-8269 ) We Will Try To Help!!!