USC 21000 HALF TIME One-Step Filler and Specialty Putty ½-Gallon
USC 21000 HALF TIME® One-Step Filler and Specialty Putty ½-Gallon can
Half Time® One-Step Filler and Specialty Putty is formulated to fill and glaze in one application, cutting your repair time and sandpaper usage in half. Ideal for all typical repairs, Half Time applies like a premium body filler, sands like a finishing putty and adheres to a variety of substrates, including galvanized metal.
Features and Benefits:
- One step filler and glaze
- Adheres to a variety of substrates
- Sands and feathers easily
- Does not bleed
- Saves time and effort
- Available in 24 oz tube or 1/2 gallon tub
How to use the USC Half Time Glazing Putty
- Surface Preparation: Clean the surface by removing oil, dirt and grease. You can use a cleaning solvent. Dry the surface and ensure there is no moisture on it before you begin the repair job.
- Mixing: Mix putty with the included hardener at room temperature using a plastic mixing board. Mix them on a clean surface in the ratio of 50:1 (putty and hardener). Use a plastic spreader to mix them thoroughly with a folding action.
- Application: Use a plastic spreader to apply a thin layer of filler to the surface. You need to use firm pressure for absolute adhesion. Apply additional layers to build up damaged area higher than the surface that surrounds. This will give you room for sanding the putty as required. Do not use this mixture over fresh uncured coatings.
- Finishing: Leave the material to harden for 15 minutes and then you can sand it with 100-180 grit sandpaper. Follow it up with 220-400 grit sandpaper if necessary.
- Top coating: You can use polyester, 2K urethane or 1K primer for a topcoat over the repaired surface.
- Body filler
- Aged, sanded OEM topcoats
- 2K primers
- Galvanized and other zinc-coated steel
- Appearance as Packaged: Light Pink
- Packaged: 235 g/l
- Applied: 2.0 g/l
- Weight Per Gallon (Density): 10.0 pounds (Average)
- Maximum Recommended Thickness (sanded): 1/8"
- Viscosity @ 77°F: 132,000 cps
- Gel Time @ 77°F: 3.0 – 4.0 minutes
- Shore "D" Hardness Values @ 24 hours: 60-65
- Sanding Time @ 77°F: 15-20 minutes
- Maximum Heat: 200°F for 30 minutes
- Catalyst Required: Benzoyl Peroxide
- Catalyzation Ratio: 2% by weight (50:1 ratio)
- Exotherm Temperature: 200°F (Average)
- Tack Free Time: 15-20 minutes
We Also Recommend
SprayMax 2K Clear Glamour 11 oz. Aerosol Clear Coat
USC Handy Mask Dispenser with 7” x 65’ Roll