USC 26012 ICING Lite Gold Finishing Glaze 12 oz. Pouch
USC 26012 ICING® Lite Gold Finishing Glaze 12 oz. Pouch
Icing® Lite Gold Finishing Glaze, with INVIZIX™ technology, spreads effortlessly and self-levels to a smooth, high density and pinhole free surface that is easy to sand to a seamless featheredge. Icing Lite contains Z-TEK™ adhesion booster that speeds the cure and improves adhesion to zinc coated auto body panels. Use Icing Lite over body filler, sand scratches, pinholes, aged OEM topcoats, steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, fiberglass and othersubstrates for stain free invisible repairs
Features and Benefits
- Fast curing, ultra smooth formula
- Z-TEK Adhesion Boosters enable maximum adhesion to galvanized steel, aluminum and metals
- Icing Lite enables better flow and leveling to enable faster curing and smoother surfaces
- Made in the USA
- Hardener included
- 12 oz. pouch
How to use fiberglass filler
- For best results, bring putty and provided hardener to room temperature (minimum temperature 65ºF). Knead hardener tube before use. Place a 4” diameter puddle of putty on clean mixing surface; we recommend a non-absorbent plastic mixing board (puddles larger than 4” in diameter will require additional hardener) or, measure hardener 2% by weight - 50 to 1 ratio. Add a ribbon of cream hardener from edge to edge across the center of the putty puddle. Mix thoroughly using a folding motion with a plastic spreader until uniform color is achieved. At room temperature (65ºF) approximate setting time is 3-5 minutes
- Clean surface. Remove all dirt, oil, grease and wax with a cleaning solvent such as 1240-1 Wax, Grease & Silicone Remover.
- Make sure surface is dry before repairing.
- Use 80 – 180 grit disc to feather edge paint for good mechanical adhesion
- Using a plastic spreader, apply a thin layer of putty to surface, using firm pressure for maximum adhesion.
- Sand previous layer before applying additional layers, building up damaged area higher than the surrounding surface to allow for sanding of the putty. Do not apply over fresh or uncured coatings
- When material has hardened, in approximately 15 minutes, sand with 100 - 180 grit sandpaper followed by 220 - 400 grit if desired.
- Body Filler
- 2K Primers
- Aged, sanded OEM Topcoats
- Galvanized and other zinc-coated steel
- SMC - can be used for cosmetic repairs. For structural repairs prone to high degrees of stress and flexibility, use an SMC repair product. For flexible plastics use PRO-FLEX™ 26037
- Appearance as Packaged: Off-White
- Packaged: 278 g/l
- Applied: 2.2 g/l
- Weight Per Gallon (Density): 8 pounds (Average)
- Maximum Recommended Thickness (sanded): 1/8"
- Viscosity @ 77°F: 10,400 cps
- Gel Time @ 77°F: 3-5 minutes
- Shore "D" Hardness Values @ 24 hours: 65-75
- Sanding Time @ 77°F: 15 minutes
- Maximum Heat 200ºF for 30 minutes
- Catalyst Required Benzoyl Peroxide
- Catalyzation Ratio 2% by weight (50:1 ratio)
- Exotherm Temperature 210ºF-230ºF
- Tack Free Time 8 - 10 minutes
- Corrosion Resistance Excellent
We Also Recommend
SprayMax 2K Clear Glamour 11 oz. Aerosol Clear Coat
USC Handy Mask Dispenser with 7” x 65’ Roll