USC DURAGLAS Specialty Body Filler
USC DURAGLAS® Specialty Body Filler
DURAGLAS® Fiberglass Filler is the original fiberglass reinforced automotive body repair filler. Formulated with short-strand fiberglass fibers, DURAGLAS provides ultimate strength and durability on rust-outs, holes, tears and cracks. DURAGLAS is ideal for use on metal and fiberglass panels and is 100% waterproof.
Features and Benefits
- Short-Strand Fiberglass Filled: provides a neat filling of imperfections
- Rustproof and Waterproof: ensures durability of application
- Versatile: can be applied on both metal or fiberglass panels
- Hardener included
- Available Sizes: Quart or Gallon size
How to use fiberglass filler for repairing imperfections
- Ensure both the filler and supplied cream hardener is at room temperature. Mix properly from top to bottom and knead hardener tube. Use 2% hardener by weight of the filler (or 50:1 ratio). Blend them together with rapid and forceful movements. Following the right proportion of hardener is essential to get desired results.
- Coat one side of the fiberglass cloth properly with the mixture and put it over the hole with the mixture side on top of the prepared surface. Use a spreader to flatten and smooth around edges to eliminate air bubbles and to promote adhesion.
- Use gentle pressure to press the center of the cloth to create a slight dip. Let some room be for the next coat of the filler mixture. Leave it for 10-15 minutes to cure.
- Prepare a mixture of additional filler and hardener as required to apply to the area along the original application's contours. For finishing the repaired surface, sand for about 15-20 minutes, after which you can featheredge repaired area to desired contour.
- SMC – can be used for cosmetic repairs. For structural repairs prone to high degrees of stress and flexibility, use an SMC repair product
- Appearance as Packaged: Blue-Green
- Packaged: 242 g/l
- Applied: 2.0 g/l
- Weight Per Gallon (Density): 13.8 pounds (Average)
- Maximum Recommended Thickness (sanded): 1/4"
- Viscosity @ 77°F: 220,000 cps
- Gel Time @ 77°F: 3.0 – 3.5 minutes
- Shore "D" Hardness Values @ 24 hours: 75-80
- Sanding Time @ 77°F: 15-20 minutes
We Also Recommend
SprayMax 2K Clear Glamour 11 oz. Aerosol Clear Coat
USC 21000 HALF TIME One-Step Filler and Specialty Putty ½-Gallon
USC 26012 ICING Lite Gold Finishing Glaze 12 oz. Pouch